Monday, November 28, 2011

Review: Dream Matte Mousse Foundation by Maybelline

   I know this product is not a new one either, but I just got the opportunity to try it this year. I must admit I was curious since it appeared and I was only a teenage brat back then, but everytime I went shopping for a foundation and saw it on the shelves, I thought it might not be great, too dark, the package also seemed too small. Then I got it from my aunt, she doesn't use foundation and so she let me have it.
   To be honest, I fell in love with it. I have nr. 040 Fawn, which is a bit dark for me (I almost always need the first or second lightest color when it comes to foundations), but surprisingly that is not a problem in this case. Dream Matte Mousse spreads very easily, leaving the skin soft and silky, and really matte, which is a big plus for me. 


   The coverage is also amazing and you only need a bit of product to achieve it, maybe use 2 thin layers when you need to have a flawless dolly kind of look, let's say for some event. Since I have pretty oily skin, I use powder over it, but it is not necessary, since it won't leave the skin damp, like liquid foundations. Since it kind of keeps the skin dry and also gives good coverage, I use it as a base, and highlight the T and undereye zone with a lighter concealer/ foundation. 
Official description: 

"WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT

  • Revolutionary air-soft mousse provides perfecting coverage for 100% velvet-matte perfection
  • Ideal for normal to oily skin
  • Fragrance-free, dermatologist-tested, allergy-tested, non-comedogenic – won’t clog pores, safe for sensitive skin

FOR BEST RESULTS Apply smoothly and evenly to your face and blend with your fingertips.

AWARDS #1 foundation in the world"

Have nothing to argue.

Pros: 
  • quite everything... easy appliaction, light texture
  • great coverage
  • matte finish
  • the package, that has a positive and negative side; bright side is that the little jar is actually pretty cute! It also allows you to use every bit of product
  • you can take just as much as you need, no risk of spilling too much like with liquid foundations (+ and staining your clothes if you are having an unlucky day)
Cons: 
  • as I said, the packaging is not as hygienic as a pump bottle or tube, so you need to make sure your hands are clean if you prefer to apply them with fingertips, like me.
  • it can dry your skin a bit too much sometimes, in cold weather especially, so don't forget to peel and moisturize your skin regularly.
Note! Reviews contain my personal opinion about the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment