Monday, October 22, 2012

Review: MISS SPORTY Oh Tan So Fine Bronzing Powder

   Back in August, I spontaneously bought a bronzer while shopping for some other make-up supplies. I didn't own an actual bronzer for quite a while, been using some noname blush/ bronzing pearls (pink with golden reflexes), altering or combined with the usual eyeshadow-for-blush/bronzer trick, while prefering to invest more in eye products and skincare stuff. But with this one I was attracted by the price (15 Ron) and the cute sun figure engraved into the product (which is common in bronzers anyway, but... :P). It is more matte than shimmery and pretty natural looking. Finally, we are talking about Miss Sporty Oh Tan So Fine Bronzing Powder in 001-Sun Kissed, the lighter version of the two the store had, not sure if there are more than two shades




Swatches (different light and angles):


 **I didn't use any kind of primer underneath, just applied directly onto the skin.

I mostly use it on my cheekbones, starting from the hairline and blending it towards the center of the face, fading it out, and then applying a light pink blush on the apples of my cheeks, blending it outwards. It's a quite healthy, natural-looking combination, also for pale skin, as long as you don't exaggerate with either of the colors.

Pros:
  • sheer and buildable, especially if you're going for a more natural look, which also makes it ideal for daytime too
  • suits pale skin for the same reasons as above
  • the price

Cons:
  • the fact that it's a bit chalky and not so creamy or pigmented, though that makes it more buildable
  • contains some rigid particles as you can see above
Would I re-purchase it? Yes, sure, especially for that price, and all the pros. In fact, I think I will soon buy the darker version, though I guess I won't be using that much until the sun sets in again in full force next year, or festive make-ups, or other people with a darker skintone. :)




*Note! Reviews contain my personal honest opinion about the product. 



s_laura2812@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment